Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Conversations & Questions

For some reason the kids have so many cute quotes these days, so if only for my recollection, I'm logging them here and now.


Ella:
"Why did God have to make a Satan and a Jesus?" Mom responds "ummm, maybe we should call Grammy."

"Why did God make it so we can't see him?" Mom responds "mm, let me get back to you on that one." (luckily, I later heard a sermon to answer my 4 yr old's theological question.)

"Did you know Daddy when you married him? "

Ella with lips attached to my belly and voice muffled: "i love you baby and i can't wait to see you". Mom informs "she can hear you even if you are standing next to me". Ella: "Can the baby hear Ethan in the other room?"


"Mommy, Anna even knows about the Olympics too"

Mommy says : "Ella, the plumber is here so he might be noisy. If you hear noises then its probably him."
Ella nods her head: "Yes, they are noisy. I know because I've heard one before."
Mommy thinks to herself - we've had way too many plumbing issues lately.

Ella says: "Ethan, wash my feet like Jesus."

Ella & Ethan playing outside with a red "playground ball" in 4-square style. Ella says "This is fun bouncing the ball. I guess my little brother isn't such a bother after all."

Ethan:
He sneezes right onto the soccer ball held tightly in his arms. He looks at me: "Mommy, I blessed the ball".

After the household water was shut for a bit, we turned it back on and the faucet spittered and sputtered until a full stream came on. Ethan says "the water is hickupping!"

"Mommy, I love you sooo much in the whole world. Night Night. "

Ethan & Ella had stopped fighting over stickers in order to start dinner. Ethan says "Ella, I was mean to you with the stickers, but I still love you. Your my big sister." Ella responds "I know Ethan, I love you too. You were just going through a phase."

We walk out to the car for church and its a bit chilly today. Ethan stops "I feel it on my nose." "Feel what Ethan?" "I feel the outside on my nose."

1 comment:

  1. Ha! These are great! Especially the one where Ella says its a "phase," how funny! How are you feeling these days? We need to do an email update soon!

    ReplyDelete