Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day

All morning I've been telling Ella "Today is a great day. Its a big day today." Mainly this was my explanation as to why I was watching tv so early in the morning, which we never do. So on the the drive to her preschool, after listening to Rick Warren's amazing prayer over the first family, I said it again. "This is a great day, Ella." Her response? "I know Mommy!" I had to laugh - "Yes and what is happening today?" She responds "There is a new presents?" hhmmm, not quite. I answer "Yes, there IS a new presence today. And also a new President." I'll be explaining the significance of this day to her in the years to come, but for now she knows that something important is going on and thats whats important.

My feeling is that of much gratitude. I realize that so many people are for the first time experiencing a new beginning, a refreshment of healing and redemption in their lives. I am blessed to have known such a grace and healing throughout my life, I call it the salvation of Jesus Christ. He is the one who changed me, I have been blessed to know Him at such a young age, and honored to serve Him in any way that He asks. This day in history is changing others and calling them to more. May they know the True Source. May they experience His Peace many, many days to come. This is truely a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment