Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bye-Bye Curls

At 20 months old, Ethan's hair has remained untouched by scissors. Never. Not by me, dad, or a professional. I waited as long as I could, but the curls were starting to hang down and shake. I was a little sentimental expected, but I knew it was time. Miss Kim at Supercuts made it fun and even gave both kids a balloon at the end.



Here are the before pictures (he's learned to cuddle up to Ella and say cheese):


The curls flair out a bit, but still quite the little man showing off his favorite ball.

Then we decided the day has come.... time for his first haircut!!




Putting on the cape:





Not sure where the wings came from. I think God made the hair fly today so it would be easier to let it go. His hair has never done this. Hee hee. He looks unhappy, but really he is just taking it all in.


In fact, he sat entiredly still. I know he loves his hair brushed, but I still wasn't sure what to expect. Sitting in daddy's lap, he hardly moved a centimeter the whole time. I was shocked, not a peep out of him. I think he enjoys being pampered.


Side view.





... introducing, my new teenager.

Does he not look 10 years older??




Then we headed for a carousel ride to cap off the morning.






My new little man, bye-bye baby.












No comments:

Post a Comment