Ella has been sick for about a week and I am logging her comments and adventures along the way.
Day 1 -
Mom: "Ella you are a little sick today, so we can't go to church or school for a couple of days."
Ella: "And we can't share Jesus with everybody?"
Day 1 -
Mom: "Ella you are a little sick today, so we can't go to church or school for a couple of days."
Ella: "And we can't share Jesus with everybody?"
Mom: !?!!
Dad: "Yes, Ella, when we get better, then we can share Jesus. How do we share Jesus? With our words and actions, giving hugs. Those are all good ways to share Jesus. But today we can share Jesus with each other, ok?" good one, dad.
Ella: "yes, that's what we will do."
Day 3 -
Mom: "Ella, I'm sad that you are still sick. I'm sorry you aren't feeling better yet."
Ella: "Oh, that's ok mommy. I'll be better soon." she rubs my arm to make me feel better.
Day 5 -
Ella: "I'm really mad at my cough."
Mom is sad to see her spirits change, so we play more board games, and find lots of indoor activities.
Day 6 -
Trip to the emergency room because her belly aches. Scary moment for mom & dad as she is a tough girl. The cries, the hard stomach, the screaming and kicking is not normal. Praise God, by the time she lay in the hospital bed, the pain subsides. Diagnosis: must have been a gas pain. Apparently at this age it can be really painful. Oye Vey. The things they don't tell us new moms.
Day 7 -
Ella is playing dress up, upper lip is red from wiping, but symptons are getting better. "I'm learning how to blow my own nose, mommy." We finish our sticker fun.
Ethan is coughing in the back ground. Mom sneezes.
Dad: "Yes, Ella, when we get better, then we can share Jesus. How do we share Jesus? With our words and actions, giving hugs. Those are all good ways to share Jesus. But today we can share Jesus with each other, ok?" good one, dad.
Ella: "yes, that's what we will do."
Day 3 -
Mom: "Ella, I'm sad that you are still sick. I'm sorry you aren't feeling better yet."
Ella: "Oh, that's ok mommy. I'll be better soon." she rubs my arm to make me feel better.
Day 5 -
Ella: "I'm really mad at my cough."
Mom is sad to see her spirits change, so we play more board games, and find lots of indoor activities.
Day 6 -
Trip to the emergency room because her belly aches. Scary moment for mom & dad as she is a tough girl. The cries, the hard stomach, the screaming and kicking is not normal. Praise God, by the time she lay in the hospital bed, the pain subsides. Diagnosis: must have been a gas pain. Apparently at this age it can be really painful. Oye Vey. The things they don't tell us new moms.
Day 7 -
Ella is playing dress up, upper lip is red from wiping, but symptons are getting better. "I'm learning how to blow my own nose, mommy." We finish our sticker fun.
Ethan is coughing in the back ground. Mom sneezes.
Sounds a lot like the past few days for us too. Hang in there, I not a big fan of colds...
ReplyDeleteI know its going around and I have nothing to complain about. The one upside - I fell in love with my kids again. We've been way too busy, so slowing down has been good.
ReplyDeleteyeah... you allow comments now!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute... Brad and I just read them and were cracking up. That girl is just too much!!
I've got to write it all down, because half the time I just don't believe what I'm hearing. I know I'll forget it all by next year.
ReplyDeleteHey! Just found your blog from Kara Noel's... too cute the things that come out of Ella's mouth!
ReplyDelete